What can YOU do NOW:
1. Write your letter (addresses available by scrolling down to the post “Send Your Letters – Your Opinion Counts”)
2. To sign our petition go to: http://www.thepetitionsite.com/1/wheres-my-midwife
3. Join our events found at http://www.WheresMyMidwife.org
What we hope to accomplish:
1. New Hanover Regional Medical Center needs to change their policy on midwifery care to a more open and accessible one. This is why we are picketing them and will remain doing so until they set a time and date to meet with us! (See the bog post below that shows the letter sent to Dr. Cooper)
2. We want a free-standing birth center in Wilmington. All the proceeds of the “Where’s My Midwife?” fundraisers will go towards this goal.
3. We want licensure for CPM’s (Certified Professional Midwives) to practice in our State. Join http://www.NCFOM.org, North Carolina Friends of Midwives.
Furthermore, the right of independent practice for CNM’s (Certified Nurse Midwives) is needed in our State.